Email us at easternshorefishandgame@gmail.com

Check out local business partners "click here"

Monday, May 2, 2016

Busted


Just yesterday I was watching a television show called COPS.  It is one of the longest running shows on TV, and follows law enforcement folks on-the-job as they apprehend nefarious felons.



Every once in a while there is an episode that sticks out, I feel, because of the sheer stupidity of the criminals and their associated excuses for committing their illegal deeds.



Last night’s show was particularly entertaining as the police were attempting to stop a vehicle with no working tail lights.  It seems the driver was in a decided hurry to be elsewhere and didn’t stop when the police turned on their lights and siren,



As a public service from EasternShoreFishAndGame.com, when the police turn on their lights and siren, you are, by law, supposed to stop immediately.  You’re welcome.



The fleeing driver did not, and the pursuit began.



We learned throughout the pursuit that the vehicle-in-question was, in fact, stolen.



Upon crashing the car into an immovable tree, the fleeing retard began his escape attempt on foot.



Not being an athlete – likely as a result of his regular ingestion of crack cocaine – this future felon had some difficulty out running a policeman wearing fifty pounds of gear, and carrying 25-plus years of doughnuts on this feeble attempt at freedom.  By the way, the cameraman and audio guy nearly outran them all.



When captured a short distance later, the somewhat angry policeman handcuffed this turd and began the search for contraband.  A variety of debris was removed from pockets, including lint, some crack, and a handy utensil for smoking it.



Not smiling because of his unexpected workout, the cop seemed delighted these goodies were found on his prey.



The captured fellow expressed surprise that could win an Oscar when the illegal business was removed from his trousers.



“These ain’t my pants!” exclaimed the criminal, attempting to explain the drugs and drug pipe found in his immediate possession.



He claimed he bought the pants a day earlier and didn’t check to see if anything was in the pockets.



This afternoon my sainted wife caught a glimpse of the t-shirt I was wearing.



“Oh, my God!  Where did those spots come from?” she shouted.



Using my experience from COPS, I proudly announced, “It’s not my shirt.”



I could immediately tell that she knew that was not the truth, probably faster than the cop in yesterday’s episode.



She gave me that stare, and I tried to return it.  Nothing worked.



I took my lumps for being the messiest eater on The Shore.



Busted.