Email us at easternshorefishandgame@gmail.com

Check out local business partners "click here"

Monday, September 19, 2016

Call Me


Just in case you spent some time wondering what my biggest irritants in life are, you happen to be in luck.



Although I live in the middle of nowhere I still receive the occasional visitor.  And when they do visit they invariably get a phone call from someone very, very important.  In fact, the caller is important enough to have my guest ignore me to take the call and proceed to yak for quite a while.



Some call this behavior 21st Century Communication.  I call it rude.



Of course there are other big annoyances in life to include prima donnas who refuse to stand for The National Anthem, guys who pee on public toilet seats, ignorant douchebags who aimlessly drive in the passing lane, and Hillary Clinton supporters. 



But to me the worst are the phone whores.  Whores are people who sleep with everyone except you so, in this case, the term “phone whore” is appropriate.  You’re welcome.



Take the plumber, for instance.  This is the guy you are paying by the hour to repair or install something in your home.  It took four tries to leave a message on his voice mail.  Eventually, after three days, he calls to explain he will call you Thursday about whether he will be over on Friday or Saturday.



Two weeks later he calls to explain he is going to be free in about an hour.  This is about the time I explain to this self-centered jerk that I found AND PAID someone else a week and a half ago.



As he is stuttering about his hectic schedule, I interject a little physics about long walks and short piers before I hang up on him.



Then there are the professionals who interrupt you in the middle of an office meeting to take that “important call.”



It is at this time I remember calling this turd and my occasional visitor and the plumber.  They never answered when I called but, they always picked-up when they were called by someone else in my presence.  Rude.



So here’s some free advice: If you want to ignore my calls, I’ll quit calling you.  If you’re working on my dime, hang up or I’ll deduct for your time spent on your phone; that’s double dipping.



And finally, when my phone rings in a public place, you do not need to scan the room for who selected that ring tone.  I use that ring tone because it’s not the same as the one you are using hence, no confusion should arise when I get a call.



Otherwise, my life is pretty good and without issue.  Thanks for asking.