Email us at easternshorefishandgame@gmail.com

Check out local business partners "click here"

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Random Thoughts


Every now and then, the martinis wear off and I come across what I consider ‘random thoughts.’  Cogent beliefs are conjured-up in my puny mind when that fog clears and here are the results:

  • Why are we now naming winter storms?
  • With all the recalls, why would anyone think it a good idea to manufacture miniature toys to put into fast-food meals?
  • Who wastes their time reading the warning labels on extension cords?
  • When was the last time you changed a tire on your car?
  • If I order my prescription drugs from Canada, does Justin Bieber deliver them?
  • Why did you buy a four-wheel drive car just to stay home during a snowstorm?
  • Who will be New Orleans’ Mayor Ray Nagin’s cell mate in “Chocolate City” prison?
  • Does anyone really care about Phillip Seymour Hoffman’s drug overdose?
  • Would people other than me like to see some new American athletes in the Olympics?
  • Where are those kids getting their sub-standard educations?  Shouldn’t the government close those schools and fire those teachers?
  • If people are so smart, why do they do such stupid things?
  • Does your doctor think you realize you are overweight?
  • Why do cops usually begin the traffic stop with a quiz?  “Do you know why I stopped you?”  I’m always afraid there may be more than one answer.
  • I probably would have graduated from high school even if I didn’t pay attention.
  • If it is critical to care for your sick child at home, you should not be at the movies, texting.
  • How do I get a job making a fool of myself on the Weather Channel?
  • Ford, Chevy, and Jeep are advertised as being so tough, but they won’t compete in the Dakar Rally.  Why?
  • Do those “Buy American” people know those St. Valentine’s Day roses they purchase come from Kenya?
  • Who decided that February needed an extra “R”?
  • Is all the 2014 snow, ice, and sleet the result of that pesky global warming?
  • There’s a big difference between “asking” and “axing.”
  • Who decides the expiration date on water?
  • Gas prices rose because oil prices were high; when oil prices fell, gas prices didn’t.  Why?
  • Why do people from Pittsburgh always feel compelled to add ‘Pennsylvania’ when asked where they’re from?  How many Pittsburgh’s are there?
  • Does every household have ‘show towels’ in their guest bathrooms?
  • Are the Christmas decorations I see displayed early going up or late coming down?
  • Why do people have “hot water heaters?”  I would guess the hot water is already hot.

Now that I got that out of my system I’m going back to my pitcher of martinis.  Until next week, thanks for reading and, so long.