Email us at easternshorefishandgame@gmail.com

Check out local business partners "click here"

Monday, November 12, 2018

Go Home




Today begins back in 1973.  I was watching the morning news and thought back to the days of yore when I was in college and decided I wanted to attend an Emerson, Lake and Palmer, concert.



I was residing in upstate New York, at the time, near a music venue called Saratoga Performing Arts Center, abbreviated SPAC.



It was a fashionable indoor/outdoor arena surrounded by a sloping hill.  This arrangement allowed one to purchase indoor seats in case of inclement weather, and still be able to sit on the lawn with a blanket and snacks during nicer evenings.



The ELP tickets were on sale at the SPAC ticket box where people camped out to be certain to simply purchase some.



I don’t remember SPAC’s capacity, but the local FM radio stations promised this concert would be a sell-out.



Although working my way through college with two jobs while attending school, a friend who also had a desire to see ELP offered to buy me a ticket in my absence.



Evidently the once-orderly crowd became antsy just about time the ticket office opened resulting in a melee, of sorts.



I received this second-hand account via my ticket buddy, who was fortunate enough to acquire enough for himself, me, and others in his special circle.



It seems as though anxious people who didn’t want to wait their turn for ELP tickets cut in line in front of the polite would-be concert goers in a selfish move.



Yes, this is the first thing I thought of when I heard about the equally selfish 7,000 louts who are making their way from Central America to the United States.



This group of malcontents is thumbing their noses at Americans and American law because this is what they want.  Period.



Standing in line to get asylum in America is for the stupid; cutting in line shows they have muscle and pride.




Yea!  More people who can't obey the law!
And nitwits around our country are crying crocodile tears for these gate-crashers who are already refusing to follow the rules of the greatest country on Earth.  We need fewer of them, not more.



Honest, hard-working, skilled, American residents are now finding themselves at odds with Democrats, whose one note song of racism is staining the fabric of our nation.



My ELP ticket-buying pal didn’t want excuses; he wanted order and justice.  That’s something we should all want now at the southern border.



Enough with the trespassing of the United States of America.  If you can’t follow the rules, go home.