Email us at easternshorefishandgame@gmail.com

Check out local business partners "click here"

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Splish Splash


If you are a woman, or a man who is contemplating a sex change operation, you may stop reading and engage in something pertinent as this is not relevant to you.



I first saw these revolutionary devices on Assateague Island, Virginia, in the federal guvment park. 



This particular recreation area is set upon the marshes where native birds, lizards, turtles, deer, fox, and other fauna roam.  In fact, that is true because there are copious photos and drawings of these wild creatures hanging about the walls of this facility depicting such.



These critters, along with the associated flora need to be protected so there hung this device.



Now it was with great astonishment that I stumbled upon these nature saviors when I visited a Wal-Mart in Florida. 



My doctor figured I wasn’t taking nearly enough pills for a guy my age so he put me on a prescription of diuretics.  Those are pills designed to make one urinate – whether you want to or not.  But I digress.



In any case, with my diuretic working as advertised, I visited the men’s room at the Assateague recreation area.  There was my first encounter with this special urinal; a waterfree urinal.  It didn’t use water hence, the moniker “waterfree.”



Sloan urinal
Proudly stamped thereon was the name, Sloan.  Above this urinal was a metal plaque describing the operation of this waterless urinal, along with a self-applied backrub authored by Sloan.



But it wasn’t until after visiting the Florida Wal-Mart that I simply had to check out the Sloan website for some real information.  Below are the words found thereon:



“The wall-hung Sloan WES-1000 Waterfree Urinal provides a sustainable design option – conserving water as well as energy by eliminating the need to treat water and expend energy, while reducing carbon dioxide emissions. Waterfree Urinals do not use water...saving that precious resource as well as sewage and water supply line costs; reducing maintenance and repair bills; and creating hygienic, odor-free restrooms.”



By reading this description one would think this urinal would already be mandated for home toilet replacement by the guvment weenies.  “Water conserving,” “carbon dioxide emissions” friendly, “hygienic,” and “odor-free.”  What more could you ask for?





From personal experience I’d say they’re not really hygienic or odor-free.  Stevie Wonder could find one of these with his olfactory senses alone.  I did.  And, upon use, this miracle toilet began backing-up.



Not being a plumber, it was difficult for me to diagnose this apparent problem.  I say it was a problem because there was no mention of this added regurgitation feature on Sloan’s website.



Still, if we can – as a dying planet – buy a few more precious seconds of life by peeing in a pool of stranger’s splashing bodily fluids, it is worth it.



Along those lines I suggest we save money and simply use coffee cans as toilets.