Email us at easternshorefishandgame@gmail.com

Check out local business partners "click here"

Monday, January 11, 2016

Suffering From the Fever


If you’re reading this before January 13, 2016, you are still eligible to be a billionaire.

You read that right.  For only two dollars, you can select numbers and, if correct, take home more money than most people collecting social services from the guvment.

This jackpot in the Powerball drawing will be at least $1,300,000,000.  For you trivia fans that’s about $900,000 a minute from the day Christ was born until today.

In other words, it’s more than a dollar a second for 30 years.  That’s a lot of money.

I’ve mentioned this to several strong-minded folks, and they all said the same thing: you’re not going to win so, save your money.

Of course these douchebags were affluent enough to not really need a large amount of “play cash.”  They have boats, high-end cars, expensive trucks, jet skis, and stately manors.  I don’t.

And a win would allow me to buy a house next door to any or all of these over-inflated pukes.  But why?

Because I could rub their noses in my easily found affluence, that’s why.  Each day they would go off to work I would be on my front lawn, perched atop 1985 Buick which is sitting on cinder blocks, with a pitcher full of martinis.

“Hey there neighbor!” I’d yell, hoisting a Mason jar adorned with three olives swimming in my icy concoction.  “Have a nice day!”

A bit if sputum from their lips aimed in my direction would bounce off their manicured Zoysia grass lawn, accompanied by a one-finger salute.

How great would that be?  But I digress.

The naysayers point out that you have a three times better chance to get struck by lightning, better chance of getting bitten by a shark, or dying from getting struck by an asteroid, than winning this cash.

And while that may be partially true – because I don’t swim in the ocean, and I carry an umbrella to ward-off flying space debris – at least I’m in the running; they’re not.

The odds of winning are 1:292,000,000.  That’s a lot.

Yet, the smartest person in the world is probably buying tickets just to help the economy.  Yep, President Obama is likely standing in line at J’s Convenience Store.  Maybe.

Good luck.