Email us at easternshorefishandgame@gmail.com

Check out local business partners "click here"

Monday, June 13, 2016

Stop!


This morning I was waiting for the pharmacist to issue me my prescribed 90-day supply of diuretics.While in line with eight other geriatrics that were equally sick as I am purported to be, my mind began to wander.
 



Sure, I know there are also drugs to cure that mind-wandering business but, that is not the gist of this story.



Because my sainted wife and I travel a lot, and I take pharmaceuticals to make me pee, I stop to use the bathroom a lot.



It’s a pretty simple equation, actually.



So my mind began focusing on a recent news crisis about transgender bathroom use.



In case you just awoke from a several-year coma, transgender people – those folks who are certain about for whom they’re going to vote but, are unsure as to what sex they are – are suddenly emotionally pained about which bathroom door to open.



I suppose with the dawn of “civil rights” in America, everyone is now aggrieved, except normal people.



Normal people are those I define as hard working, honest, individuals, who want to achieve some sort of individual goal in life, without the help of others.  Such objectives usually provide that achiever with a sense of worth and gratification.



However, those perceived wrongs by the victim-class of America now requires everyone else to help ease those horrible wrongs by punishing others.



Financial massages are pretty good medicines because the guvment is involved via wealth redistribution.  You see, the guvment taxes the ‘normals’ to give that money to the ‘aggrieved.’



The cause-du-jour is gender identity.



Those members of the LGBT, lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender, community who have preached unity and inclusiveness for decades, are now exclusive.



Their goofy idea is that normals should expect members of the opposite sex to use any bathroom their damaged feelings desire.



At concerts, movie theaters, sports arenas, military bases, office buildings, restaurants, and schools, the aggrieved’s feelings automatically trump yours.



Although ½ of 1% of the population identify themselves as transgender, and they feel uncomfortable, they win the civil rights lottery.



You see, social justice only works when the politically correct can ram their self-centered feelings down your throat, all in the name of tolerance.



If you tried the same tactic, you’d be called a bigot or even worse, normal.



Heaven forbid our elementary school children should be protected from this sordid behavior.  Better to let these natural oddities dictate their desires to the rest of us that are too weak of afraid to say, “Stop!”