Email us at easternshorefishandgame@gmail.com

Check out local business partners "click here"

Monday, March 23, 2015

Come On Down!


While taking a reprieve from time in my workshop for a bite of lunch, I noticed my sainted wife was enthralled in a television program.

It is The Price is Right, and chock full of ritz and glitz.  It seems as though the show has changed hosts with the former one, Bob Barker, gone to a California golf course.

I remember Bob was old when I was a kid and he emceed the show with a microphone that closely resembled a giant lollipop.  He ended each show with a warning-like-suggestion to “spay and neuter your pets.”

Ol’ Bob was put out to pasture some years ago and replaced with someone who still has a pulse – Drew Carey.

The show has taken on an ultra-hip atmosphere with new games and hoopla and extravagant prizes in the form of luxury automobiles and fabulous trips.

This particular episode showed a $300 blender, $2400 in luggage, and women’s and transvestite’s shoes worth thousands.  Gone are the days of Rice-A-Roni.

But what really caught my attention was the Drew’s Crew members.  Bob used to have comely ladies who stood by prizes as they spun around on a giant turntable; they referred to as Barker’s Beauties.  I can only assume Drew’s ladies would have earned a similar moniker.

In any case, there were two models that were simply stunning.  Yes, I can say this because my sainted wife does not read www.easternshorefishandgame.com. 

One was named Manjuela, the other was Rachel.  Both were, again, stunning.

I was mesmerized by their leggy gyrations around a riding lawnmower, and later a dehumidifier.  Both prizes appeared sexier because of the way these two ladies maneuvered around them on the stage.

Just as with people who say, “Everything tastes better with bacon,” these models do the same thing to floor lamps – they make them better.

My mind drifted away to my “happy place.”  In the event you’re unfamiliar with happy places, those are where you mentally go to reduce stress and want to relax.

I was mentally in my workshop preparing to fire-up my drill press when my sainted wife entered.  In her hand was a steaming cup muscular black coffee.  She was wearing a sequined gown with satin pumps and motioned with her free hand that this cup of joy was mine.  A facial gesture along with a smile and wink from her confirmed this scenario.

A quick twist of her head and a bigger grin appeared that coincided with a small nod…
 
I returned to reality when I heard Drew’s voice say, “Place your bid to the nearest dollar without going over.”
 
Perhaps my sainted wife could try a smooth wave and hand motion when she announces dinner is ready, or maybe she could sashay over to me while I’m painting and offer me some iced tea.  The bottom line is presentation is everything.
 
That lucky Drew fell into it.