Email us at easternshorefishandgame@gmail.com

Check out local business partners "click here"

Monday, January 27, 2014

Come Again

People who know me also know I am genuine when I say, “You are welcomed back.”  I do not use those words with everyone or very often.
 

So, when I use the words, “Come again,” they need clarification.”  I say those words when I don’t believe I heard you correctly the first time and need clarification, not as an invitation.
 

In 2012, the electronics industry goaded America into buying HDTV’s to ensure you were compliant with the government’s switch from analog to digital broadcasting a few years ago.
 

They raised the prices of those televisions to artificial levels then, after Christmas of 2012, they lowered the prices by 50% and made us all feel like dupes.  Then, they introduced the “new” 3-D televisions.
 

Unfortunately for them, consumers were fresh out of cash and couldn’t buy any new fad junk.  After all, we already bought e-books, laptops, i-Pads, and were told we needed to buy health insurance, and gas was still hovering at $3.40 per gallon.
 

So the electronics industry decided they needed something besides the obsolete DVD, and something we need to replace our Blu-ray with.  It seems as though it is the Ultra HD.
 

Come again.
 

Ultra HD is “remarkably crisper than HD.  It displays richer skin textures, finer details and less pixilation…”  Yada, yada, yada.
 

These electronic consumer pukes are trying to market this stuff to a guy who used to watch television in black and white, with rabbit ears adorned with aluminum foil to enhance reception.  I thought a color broadcast was a Vatican miracle.  But, I digress.
 

The historical switch from analog to digital was meant to enhance the way we watched TV.  It actually cost me more money and ruined my life.  I was forced to buy a larger antenna plus an additional aerial, plus special low-loss RG-6 cable, F-type connectors and a new tool with which to attach them, all to the tune of several hundred dollars, only to experience what digital folks call “pixelation.”
 

Pixelation is when a song bird, such as a wren, flies within two-miles of the path of the signal and the television freezes for a time period anywhere between a few seconds and several minutes.  It only took about a week of this enhanced viewing experience before I realized a personal stroke or heart attack was on the horizon, and a subscription to a TV service would be far less painful and expensive.
 

Up on the roof went a satellite dish and my woes were over except for the tons of antennas, wires, masts, and various clamps that gave my residence the look of an NSA listening post.
 

In any case, if you don’t rush out and buy Ultra HD, we will be bombarded with something like TheBestest HD, next year.